Our darling daughter is a month old. We were reminiscing at 2:30 am how much has changed for us and in her since she was born.
- an occasional 5 hour stretch of sleep is heaven
- naps are no longer optional
- laundry is done nearly every day (most common "stain" is breastmilk)
- regularly discuss number of poopy vs. wet diapers and their consistencies
- stay awake just to watch our daughter sleep
- sing all sorts of made up songs accompanied by wacky dances (David is particularly good at this!)
- dependency on caffeine is growing
- stays alert for longer periods
- when you ask her to tell you a story she will often start to "talk"
- grunts regularly in her sleep - much to the amusement of her parents
- has discovered her ears
- rolls from back to belly when you least expect it
- LOVES her bouncy seat
- adores being held
Weighs 8 lbs. 1 oz. (20th percentile)
Height 20 1/2 inches (25th percentile)
Head circumference 14 inches (10th percentile)
So our baby is still on the petite side, but she's growing and we're so grateful for that! It's been a short-long month, yet parenthood really is a joy.