1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes and no. My parents liked the name of their waitress at The Golden Bear restaurant while my mom was pregnant. My middle name is because I was born so close to Christmas.
Highland Park, Illinois
3. What is your favorite cereal?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Peanut Butter Crunch
4. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes, but no wisdom or lateral incisors. The wisdom got tossed in my oral surgeon's trash bin. The lateral incisors never were. So I have implants. It was great growing up because I could look like a hillbilly with very little effort.
5. Do you think you are strong?
Physically no. Strength of character, yes.
6. Favorite smells?
My dad's cologne, spring, gasoline and sweat combined, fresh mint.
7. Scary movies or happy endings?
Always happy endings. But in general I'm not much of a movie watcher.
Hmm... peanut M&Ms, salt & vinegar chips.
9. List something off your bucket list?
See an opera at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.
10. Do you prefer knitting in the round or flat?
Knitting in the round, unless I'm doing teeny-tiny work and then knitting flat is faster.
11. Where is the furthest west city that you've visited in the US?
12. What country would you most like to travel to for its food?
Spain. I really want to learn how to make an awesome paella. Plus, I'd love to visit the Galatia region to try their unique bread. Does this make me a food nerd?
13. What was your favorite hiding spot as a child?
My closet. I had a sleeping bag on the floor, a stash of snacks, a pillow, some stuffed animals, and the book I was currently reading. It was my own private world. Sometimes, it was so private that my parents forgot to check the closet when I went "missing".
14. What TV show did you faithfully watch after school as a kid?
Animaniacs and re-runs of Star Trek the Next Generation
15. What did you want to be when you were little?
In preschool I wanted to be a nurse or a mom, by elementary school I wanted to be a detective and find Amelia Earhart's lost plane, in middle school I wanted to be a brain surgeon, and by high school I wanted to major in English.
Now you either know some very odd facts about me or have been reminded of my quirks. :-) Happy Friday!!!